Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cool Tie Dye Designs- Tie Dye Crash Course

Editors Note: I have scoured the internet gathering up some great articles on some Cool Tie Dye Designs. Although, these are written instructions, I will be posting some of my personal video tutorials very soon. But for now, I hope these articles by various authors at Ezine Articles, should give you some insight to what the art of tie dye is all about. And how you can achieve some amazing results, and most importantly just have fun! after all that's what tie dye is all about, getting together with family & friends and throwing down a fun filled Tie Dye Party creating unique works of art.

Tie Dye Crash Course
By Brad Garrett

The Tie-Dye Crash Course presents to you the following:



Chemicals - You will learn about Soda Ash, Procion MX, and Urea. Other chemicals discussed are Synthrapol, Ludigol, Sodium Alginate, & Milsoft


Tools - You will find out which tools you will need.


Cotton Preparation - You will learn how to prepare the Soda Ash and prepare the cotton.


Folding - You will learn about symmetrical and fan folding.


Tying - You will learn why and how to secure the folds.


Dye Preparation - You will learn 3 different methods for preparing the Procion MX.


Appling the Dye - You will see 6 different coloring techniques.


Finishing the Process - You will learn how to clean the finished tie-dyes once they are done.
Swirls

Learn how to make tie-dye swirl patterns. There are 3 patterns I show here. The first is the standard swirl pattern with the rainbow colors. The second is another swirl with black lines spiraling outward. The third pattern is a spider swirl. This pattern also uses the rainbow pattern. At the end of the video I show you some more examples of different types of swirls. The chapter ends by showing you numerous examples of modified swirl patterns.

Crinkles

In this video you will learn how to create crinkle folds for a tie-dye. Brad shows you techniques for creating the folds, holding them together, and then describes how to layer colors. The section ends by showing you examples of using crinkle folds as filler.


Stripes

I show you how to create a symmetrical diagonal stripe on a shirt. Then I show you how to created the fanfolds and secure them with the string. Then I show you how to color the folded cotton into a brightly colored tie-dye. This section ends with more examples of straight line tie-dye patterns.

Wavy Lines

I show you how to create a wavy line tie-dye pattern. I walk you through creating the pattern, gathering the folds and securing them. Then I demonstrate how to apply the dye using unique layering patterns. This section also has examples at the end of different wavy line designs.

Hearts

In this chapter I show you how to create and color a heart pattern tie-dye. At the end of this chapter I show you different heart pattern tie-dyes that I have made to help give you ideas. You will see another heart pattern being made in the last chapter.

Peace Signs

In this chapter you will learn how to design a peace sign tie-dye. You will see how to fold the symmetrical folds, create the fan folds, secure the folds, and color the peace sign. You will see another peace sign being made in the last chapter called Multi-Pattern. The examples for the peace sign mainly demonstrate different color designs.

Clovers

In this second to last chapter you will learn how to create a clover design on the front of the shirt. Then create a stripe or v pattern on the back of the shirt.

Multi-Patterns

In this last chapter you will learn how to create a peace sign on the front of a shirt and a heart on the back. I also show you how to use crinkles as filler to finish the pattern. These techniques teach you the details of manipulating the cotton so there is twice as much room to create tie-dye patterns.

rel=nofollow www.phatdyes.com


My name is Brad Garrett and I grew up in Dayton Ohio. I started making tie-dyes in 1990 with a couple of friends. Since then I have made hundreds of tie-dye shirts and tapestries which I’ve sold to people all around the US, and some other countries around the world.

Over the years many people have asked me, “How do you do that?” It’s never an easy question to answer, because of all the steps involved. I usually say something like, “I treat the cotton with a chemical, then fold it into a certain pattern, tie it up, and then color it with a special dye.”

Well, I decided that wasn’t enough anymore, and that I wanted to share my knowledge and experience with people who really want to know how to make great looking tie-dyes.

My techniques are unique, because I’m self taught. I never used any books, videos, or other sources of information to learn how to make any patterns.

I decided to open my own tie-dye store and take my tie-dyes online with an ecommerce website. During my campaign process I noticed more people trying to find out how to tie-dye rather than looking

Article Source: Tie Dye Crash Course

Now go and create some of your very own unique and Cool Tie Dye Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment